Kelli A. Fennell
Kelli A. Fennell is an Associate with Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. She concentrates her practice in the areas of immigration and nationality matters. These include family-based immigration issues, naturalization, asylum, U visa, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival applications. Ms. Scheuerlein represents clients in removal proceedings before the Department of Homeland Security, including clients with various criminal issues. Her practice also encompasses a wide breadth of business-related immigration topics, including nonimmigrant work visas, and employment based permanent residence applications.
Ms. Fennell graduated from DePaul University College of Law, cum laude, in December 2012. During law school, Ms. Fennell was a law clerk at a prominent immigration law firm and completed an internship at Centro Derecho Humanos Fray Bartolome de Las Casas in Chiapas, Mexico working with victims of human rights violations and the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights. In addition, Ms. Fennell received the Benjamin Hooks Distinguished Public Service Award for over 200 hours of pro bono service to immigrants and human rights advocacy.
Ms. Fennell currently serves as a co-chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s Advocacy Committee and the vice-chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Immigration and Nationality Law Committee. She has provided volunteer services to women and children refugees detained in Dilley, Texas through the CARA Probono Project and is an advocate for comprehensive immigration reform.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D. 2012)
- Cum Laude
- Butler University (B.A. 2006)
- Illinois State Bar (2013)
- Northern District of Illinois (2015)
- Spanish (Fluent)
- French (Conversational)
Memberships / Associations
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Co-chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law Committee
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Co-chair of the Advocacy Committee
Speeches and Presentations
- Supreme Court Immigration Decisions, Chicago Bar Association, “U.S. Supreme Court: 2016-2017 Year in Review.” (August 30, 2017)
- Immigration, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, General Practice Bootcamp. (March 14, 2017)
- Panelist, Chicago Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee Seminar “U.S. Immigration Policy: What the Future Holds.” (October 14, 2016)
Immigration and Nationality Law
Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd.’s immigration and nationality law practice group offers clients a unique depth and scope of expertise and experience equaled by few other law firms in the country. The group is led by two of the country’s most respected and experienced immigration and nationality lawyers, Kalman D. Resnick and Terry Yale Feiertag, and supported by a team of talented lawyers and skilled paralegals.
Learn More About Your Options
Loved by Many
Ian, Thank You very very much for your support. You are My True Santa and Best attorney in the world. Thanks!
Ian, She just burst out crying with delight when she read the stamp. Wow, what a relief. This accomplishment is priceless. We are forever indebted to you.
Mr. Wagreich, I wanted to let you know that I received the documentation and wanted to thank you for your professionalism, kindness and help through the whole process. I believe wholeheartedly I had the best team of professionals and people who did their very best. No doubt in my heart that if I or anyone close to me would have to go through the process, I would choose your services again. Thank you very much for everything you've done!
Let’s Get Started